Added option to hide seconds display

Startseite Foren LED-Nixie-Clock Added option to hide seconds display

Ansicht von 13 Beiträgen - 1 bis 13 (von insgesamt 13)
  • Autor
    Peter
    Teilnehmer

I have modified the LED-Nixie-clock-Doug-Vanessa_1.52.bas to add an option to hide the seconds from the time display.

This function has two different display options, hide the seconds (right twomost digits) or shift the time to the center of the clock.

See my Github repository: https://github.com/peeter123/cronixie

• Dieses Thema wurde geändert vor 5 Jahre, 12 Monaten von Peter.
    • Dieses Thema wurde geändert vor 5 Jahre, 12 Monaten von Peter.

Hi Peter, thanks for your post. That’s a cool idea! We haven’t thought of this. It’s nice to have two different display options.

Peter
    Teilnehmer

Thanks! You are welcome to integrate it into the main firmware if you want 🙂

Thanks, that’s really nice of you! We are looking forward to seeing what you come up with next! 😉

TweakerRay
    Teilnehmer

Hi I would love to do my own random player settings in the cronixie clock. I have programmed basic some time ago and looked at the programm…
    Is there anything I can break if I put in wrong code ? Or can I simply reupload the latest Vanessa Clock Version to it and all is fine ?

I am scared that I could break anything with the code…
    And is there a way I could check the programm before uploading it to the clock directly ? A virtual Clock ? That would be awesome… Thanks a lot for the help.

Cheers TweakerRay

TweakerRay
    Teilnehmer

Also for beginners it would be cool to know exactly where the partymode options start (maybe even lable them what party mode there is so you can easily identify the code) – I am just learning and would love to programm my own patterns 😉

not easy for a beginner in led basic even while i have programmed normal basic. I have just checked some examples and uploaded the 1.48 version – where can i find the „white blinking pattern“ of the party mode ? That one where all LEDs blink in white strobe light… i think that one is very anoying to my eyes 🙂

Thanks agian for any help.

Vanessa

Hi TweakerRay,

within the programm the code is explained after ‚…
    You can feel free to do anything you like within the rules of LED-Basic.
    If all went wrong reload any running code…
    If reloading any Vanessa code you should do a RESET (see different Manuals) after changing EEPROM settings or just to be on the right way 🙂
    The Partymode pattern are also explained in the code.

feel free to do your own Cronixie

regards
    Vanessa

TweakerRay
    Teilnehmer

Hi Vanessa. Thanks for the reply. I am labeling the partymode modules now and checking them out single by single.
    There is also a random playing function which is tied to the seconds flip.
    do you know where to locate that ? Is there a chance to change that ? because I think I want to have the seconds numberflip… but not the additional random animation. I am on the code of LED-Nixie Vanessa 1.48 of vanessa. Thanks a lot.

Oh and I am just reuploading the changed code of Vanessa 1.48 – Do I need to do that eeprom reset ? Because it seems to work right now.

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 5 Jahre, 9 Monaten von TweakerRay.
    Vanessa

Hi,

my preferred code is https://www.led-basic.de/Download/LED-Nixie-Doug-Jon-Vanessa-2.02.bas
    and manual https://www.led-basic.de/Download/DE-EN-Manual-LED-Nixie-Doug-Jon-Vanessa.pdf
    Please do a RESET after uploading into clock.
    You can then change anything in the Settings. Please read the Manual.
    We continuosly improve the code and would have fun in getting new ideas

Regards
    Vanessa

Vanessa

Hi,

you do NOT have to do a reset all the times 🙂
    Only if you do havily changes in EEPROM settings. Or if your code required it.

/Vanessa

TweakerRay
    Teilnehmer

Hi ! Thanks again Vanessa. Epromsettings are the menue things right? I am still learning. Right now I am just changing the party modules.

Can you tell me where the animation from the seconds flip is ?
    If you turn on the seconds flip you get one random animation of all 6 digits.

I just want the seconds to flip like before – just without that additional random animation where all 6 digits play randomly. just the backcounting of the seconds to 0 without the additional animation.

Thanks a lot ! And thanks for your patience with me 😉

Vanessa

Hi again 🙂
    in versiob 1.48 you have to change the Systemsettings Menu 3 to zero.
    But please read the Manual to understand the settings.

In my oppinion the Doug-Jon-Vanessa 2.02 version is much better.
    try it 🙂

/ Vanessa

TweakerRay
    Teilnehmer

Hi ! Yes I have changed to 2.02 which is much better !!! Very cool… I love the new options Whats sad is that if you want to have the seconds flip it does not work with the fade of the seconds. If you turn on the seconds flip the fade option will be ignored. Maybe something for the next updated code ? 😉
    Thanks a lot for all your help. I am tuning now the party modules to my desire… because some are very bright… (for example the rainbowcolor „Turbulent“ – I am changin the value for v to a lower number so its not that bright.

Thanks again. And its a amazing clock. love it !!!

Cheers TweakerRay

Ansicht von 13 Beiträgen - 1 bis 13 (von insgesamt 13)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.