LED-NIXIE-M Clock Stoppped Working

Startseite Foren LED-Nixie-Clock LED-NIXIE-M Clock Stoppped Working

Schlagwörter: 

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor
    davmc
    Teilnehmer

The LED-NIXIE-M clock I received as a gift for a Christmas has stopped working.

The clock was operating normally and then ceased working while connected to a USB power supply after several hours. A reset of the clock was attempted, then the battery was changed, and another reset attempted. This did not fix the problem.

I have verified all the solder connections for continuity and that the board was receiving power. I tried to connect the board to a windows 10 PC with multiple different cables, but the device wasn’t detected under the list of serial ports in device manager

Can anyone advise on further troubleshooting steps please?

Robert Frederiksen
    Teilnehmer

Try to measure on the voltage regulator that pages right after the micro usb plug, that it is the one that has gone?
    Use less electricity, eg 3v and targets.
    You may also want to change the power cable, with micro usb.
    salute naxswill

davmc
    Teilnehmer

I located the TS5205C533 Voltage Regulator on the board. Before I measured the voltage output I noticed pins 4 and 5 of the regulator had become detached. See the attached image.

I think the chip has heated up, expanded slightly and caused some defective solder joints to fail.

Any idea what the best email address is to contact about this is? Since this looks like a manufacturing issue.

null

Image Link
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuRrRUBBvc0airca3qyYhC4GKaHpzg

Folker Stange
    Verwalter

Hi davmc, please email to info@led-genial.de

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.